This is a joint protocol for the Heiveld-Co-operative, Indigo development & change and the Environmental Monitoring Group.
If you are interested in conducting research in the Suid Bokkeveld, and intend to use contacts or information provided by any of our organisations, please follow the procedure described below and ensure the process is completed before commencing any research activities in the area.
The aim of this research protocol is:
- To ensure that the researcher has a productive and positive time in the field (considering local specificities)
- To ensure that local research and development initiatives are organised so as to create maximum opportunity for learning and sharing and to allow synergies
- To ensure that farmers and other inhabitants of the Suid Bokkeveld are treated with respect and that research is conducted only with prior agreement of stakeholders.
- Initial contact: Make initial contact by writing a letter or email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest in the area, your research motivation and what you are interested in.
- Submit CV and proposal: Please submit a CV and your research proposal clearly outlining the following:
- What you are planning to do (times and specific activities)?
- What assistance you are seeking from other organisations and farmers/ residents
- How you think your research could benefit the local stakeholders?
- How you are intending to share your findings?
- How you are going to ensure that the intellectual property rights and other information of local farmers and organisations are protected?